Income-Based Assisted Living
126th Street between State & Parallel
Daily Activities and More
Free WiFi in every apartment!
Quality Healthcare and ADLs
Spacious Apartment Homes
Come join the party! Cheers!
Delaware Highlands Assisted Living (DHAL) is the only assisted living facility in the Midwest that is entirely income-based. You never pay more than your income will allow. With 121 spacious one-bedroom apartments, DHAL provides a full spectrum of assisted living care, daily activities, community outings, three meals every day, transportation services, free Google Fiber Internet access in each apartment, a computer cafe, sports lounge, and round-the-clock 24/7 nursing staff. DHAL is uniquely positioned to serve low-income seniors who still want top-rated assisted living care.
Your Life… Made Easier
– Income-Based Rents! (Utilities Included)
– Maintenance-free living
– Free personal WiFi Internet connection in each apartment
– Spacious 550 sq ft 1-bedroom homes
– Private bathrooms and 3 large closets
– Accessible, barrier-free design
– Kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave
– Several daily activities and events
– 3 delicious home-style meals served every day
– On-site beauty salon & barber shop
– On-site non-denominational chapel
– Whirlpool room and day-spa services
– Laundry services included on each floor
– Coordinated transportation services
– The Country Store (small convenience store)
– Computer Cafe and Sports Lounge
– Emergency alert pendants for all residents
– Emergency alert pull cords in each bathroom
– 24-hour qualified staff: LPN, CMA’s, & CNA’s
– Individually customized medications and care plan
– On-site doctor’s office open weekly on Thu & Fri
– Periodic wellness monitoring
– Served by multiple Home-Health Agencies
Residents must be age 65 or older and meet the eligibility guidelines for the Section 8 Rental Voucher program or… If you are unable to get approved for Section 8, you must qualify for Section 42 housing, which means having less than $31,080 as a single or $35,520 as a couple in gross annual income to qualify.
Section 8 Rental Voucher Program
Eligibility for a Section 8 Rental Voucher or Certificate is determined by the Public Housing Agency and is based on your total gross annual income, which cannot exceed $24,700 a year for one person or $28,200 for a married couple. This program is limited to U.S. citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status.